Discuss Fixing botched tile job in a wetroom, need advice in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
Need some advice on a wetroom repair. Tiler installed the tile trim too close to all the edges of the door frame, only discovered this when i went to rehang the door, the hinges cant go flush to the frame and couldnt even put the strike plate back on theres no room at all.
Ive removed the trim and tiles surrounding the door frame, the wall was tanked before they went up, removing the tiles has taken that off and some chunks of plasterboard.
Plan was to remove last of the adhesive, patch holes, paint on tanking primer, then tanking membrane, add new trim, tile.
just checking if im missing anything, i know the tanking wont be the same again, all i can do is paint on a new membrane to the exposed parts.

Fixing botched tile job in a wetroom, need advice | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}

Attachments

• Fixing botched tile job in a wetroom, need advice | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    20220613_202621.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Fixing botched tile job in a wetroom, need advice | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}
    20220613_202541.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 33
    20220613_202548.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 32
    20220613_202604.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 30
    20220613_202625.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
Pack out the hinge and trim the door. Tiling looks to be a decent standard so would try and alter the trim
good idea, i ended up redoing the tiles instead
Pack out the hinge and trim the door. Tiling looks to be a decent standard so would try and alter the trim

Attachments

20220727_153012.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 10
    20220727_153007.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 8
    20220727_153000.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 11
All advertising can be removed by subscribing.
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.

Reply to Fixing botched tile job in a wetroom, need advice in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com