Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss First Timer Metro Tiles On Wonky Walls in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

morganste

Ended up taking the plaster right back to the brick, so this is where I'm at today.

Hopefully I've done this the right way....
20160416_112735.jpg

Just have to wait for the adhesive to dry and I can crack on with the tiling.

The bag says 180 minutes for initial set. Would this be strong enough to tile on?

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think that depends on depth of board adhesive used. Looks nice now to tile off. Might as well wait till tomorrow if your not pushed for time.

M

morganste

20160423_195321.jpg
20160423_195325.jpg
20160423_195332.jpg
20160423_195337.jpg
So there we have it. My very first DIY go at tiling.

I've probably made plenty of mistakes but I'm happy with it. Just the grout now!

O

Old Mod

Well for first attempt, pretty good.
For future ref tho,
Would have put a full tile top of window reveal instead of cut.
On cooker wall u've extended up a full tile, because of extractor obviously,
But u should have mirrored that elsewhere too.
Can't see in corner of window/kettle wall cos of what looks like a music speaker, haha but would have moved window set out left to eliminate small piece on side of window reveal.
U would have had jus one small piece being cut in to boxing left of window.
The fact that u've left boxing un tiled actually looks ok, although not the 'norm!' But then what is nowadays? Haha
In the second pic down, u can see what I mean about cut tile on top of window reveal against line of tiles on cooker wall, it looks lopsided.
None of this is criticism, just observation, it's a good job!
Excellent choice of impact driver too! ;)

M

Martino

As 3 fall says you have done a really good job on this being your first attempt. I agree with his constructive criticism.
Something I learned from this forum is that a good tiler will know his last cut before he has even started tiling.....by this I mean take time on setting out before you start, to make sure it will end exactly how you will like it .
Well done again

How did the grouting go?

Reply to First Timer Metro Tiles On Wonky Walls in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks