Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss first forum advice on floor tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
one other thing guys is...if the floor is running out say 5mm or so is it ok to put the slurry on thicker at that point, or can you re-apply the slurry on top of the first coat if you see what I meen.
cheers for all your replies.

Allen.

Q

Qwerty

The slurry is traditionally 2 part adhesive to 1 part SBR. I often mix up a water SBR mix (2:1) instead of neat SBR and mix this with the adhesive to a slurry. I personally pour then roller onto the floor.
As for making up height....slurry first, the use SLC :smilewinkgrin:

Reaction score
The slurry is traditionally 2 part adhesive to 1 part SBR. I often mix up a water SBR mix (2:1) instead of neat SBR and mix this with the adhesive to a slurry. I personally pour then roller onto the floor.
As for making up height....slurry first, the use SLC :smilewinkgrin:

cheers geof, I'm not good with ratios..so i have a 1ltr sbr, if I use half of this and half water, then add it to my powdered adhesive (how much adhesive to that mix will I need from the bag ? (I have 9sq mtres), or some say mix cement instead of adhesive.
sorry for the daft questions.

Q

Qwerty

No, add the rapid set flexible adhesive to the liquid. Mix a bit at a time until a sloppy slurry consistency is reached, then leave for a couple of minutes, mix again then you are ready to roller it over the bitumen :thumbsup:

Reply to first forum advice on floor tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks