Discuss first forum advice on floor tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all
have been lookin at your forum for advice, but now I feel a proper questiion coming on....
I have a 9 square metre kitchen that needs tiling, I have a concrete subfloor that has previously had marley type tiles on it (1965 house) stripped all the tile off and I an left with a small residue of bitumin ( I think) left on the concrete, I an putting down 6mm thermal boarding and then overtiling with 9mm 600x300 ceramic tiles.
Can I just stick the board down with my flexible quick set adhesive and then put tiles down on top, or will the adhesive not stick to the bitumin residue left over from the tiles ?
advice in black and white needed please.

Many thanks.

S

Sean SML Tiling

If you have a bitumen subfloor it will need to be primed with weber pr360 with 5 parts primer to 1 part water. You will need to let it dry which can take hours. Then use flexible adhesive.

Q

Qwerty

Save the money and mix up a SBR/ SPF rapidset slurry and paint or roller onto the bitumen :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi all thanks for the replies,
Today I bought a 1Ltr of Norcros prime bond from a tile shop, it is water based and he said you can use it neat or diluted,
1. multipurpose
2. SBR
3.Internal & external
4. water & frost resistant

have I bought the wrong stuff ? (he said it was correct for over bitumen residue) 20140507_194447_zps3b3f913b.jpg

W

White Room

Hi all thanks for the replies,
Today I bought a 1Ltr of Norcros prime bond from a tile shop, it is water based and he said you can use it neat or diluted,
1. multipurpose
2. SBR
3.Internal & external
4. water & frost resistant

have I bought the wrong stuff ? (he said it was correct for over bitumen residue)

Your'll be fine with that....

Reply to first forum advice on floor tiling in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks