Search the forum,

Discuss Electric Cutter... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've always used a flat bed electric cutter for cuts that need it or tiles that need it, always with water. I hear a lot of people saying they don't use a wet cutter. Do some of you use a grinder for all cuts that need it? Even on porcelain?

S

Spare Tool

I've always used a flat bed electric cutter for cuts that need it or tiles that need it, always with water. I hear a lot of people saying they don't use a wet cutter. Do some of you use a grinder for all cuts that need it? Even on porcelain?
Just recently switched over to a grinder with an ats blade in it, always been like yourself and used a wetsaw for L cuts etc. Sigma for any straight cuts.
Been using the grinder since Jan and takes some practice but can now split a pencil line with it and finish is as good as wet cut.. The vitrex been taking up unnecessary room in my van, infact I think tomorrow will finally put her in the shed :)

I

Italy

was been a while that I wanted to say ...
here none tiler cut tile with water in Italy.
of course the ones I know ...
only marble cutters have water cutting

F

Flintstone

Just recently switched over to a grinder with an ats blade in it, always been like yourself and used a wetsaw for L cuts etc. Sigma for any straight cuts.
Been using the grinder since Jan and takes some practice but can now split a pencil line with it and finish is as good as wet cut.. The vitrex been taking up unnecessary room in my van, infact I think tomorrow will finally put her in the shed :)

Got a link to the blade you use?
I'm pretty good with the grinder from doing metal work as a hobby. The only time I use grinder for tiling is the 9 inch grinder when using really thick and large stone floor tiles. Which cut like butter. Always found the grinder Rips up the edge of porcelain and doesn't feel right.. How's the dust?

R

rufus the tiler

I would use grinder but dust is horrendous.....still will use grinder on the odd tile if all else fails.

S

Spare Tool

Porcelain Continuous Rim Diamond Blade | ATS Diamond Tools
Takes about a month to wear in properly.. At the moment using it in a Bosch 240 grinder but am so convinced this is the way to go I'm soon gonna get a good quality battery grinder to avoid running extensions outside etc.
Wouldn't say dust was a major problem, just cut with the wind on your back.. been told a way of flipping guard over so dust fires away from you ;) but haven't got to grips with that one yet, as I said new to this method myself but will fine tune over time..

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

When you only need to make around 6 or so cuts in a bathroom, why bother with a wet saw?
I use this mainly for bathroom work. (nipping outside to make the cut of course!)

20160313_141340_resized_1.jpg

The blade is so thin and the grinder so smooth in operation, the cuts are superb.

Reply to Electric Cutter... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen