Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra sound boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Has anyone used ditra sound boards before. and does this sound about right for installing.

Secure floor boards and overboard with no more ply

Fix ditra with spf addy

tile

Any advice is always apreciated

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this info.

Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND
Installation

1. The substrate must be level, ready to bear weight and free of all substances that may inhibit the bond. Any levelling must be completed prior to installing Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND.
  2. The self adhesive edge strip Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND-RSK should be used where the covering adjoins walls and other upright construction elements to avoid the build up of tensions or the formation of sound bridges.
  3. The thin-bed mortar used for bonding Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND must be selected to suit the substrate type. The adhesive must bond well with the substrate and mechanically set and cure in the anchoring fleece of Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND. Standard dry bed mortars are suitable for most substrates. Check for any incompatibilities of materials.
  4. Apply the thin-bed mortar over the substrate with a notched trowel (recommended size 3 x 3 mm or 4 x 4 mm).
  5. Cut panels of Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND to size and fully embed the anchoring fleece in the applied adhesive. Immediately press the material into the mortar with a float or a roller, working in a single direction. Observe the curing times of all materials. It is best to precisely align the Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND panels to ensure a tight fit. The individual panels are set tightly next to one another. Scrape away any excess mortar.
  6. To avoid sound bridges, cover all joints with the self adhesive joint covering Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND-KB.
  7. It is recommended to use walking boards (especially in the centre of the assembly for material transport) to protect the installed Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND mat from damage or to prevent it debonding from the substrate.
  8. The tiles can be installed immediately after adhering the Schlüter®-DITRA-SOUND mats, using a thin-bed mortar that meets the requirements of the covering. Use a notched trowel to prepare the thin-bed mortar for the corresponding tile format. The tiles are fully embedded in this layer. It is particulary important to fully embed tiles in accordance with the applicable professional standards if high mechanical impacts are expected. The curing times of the thin-bed mortar must be observed. The adhesive must be able to cure hydraulically or through another chemical reaction in an airtight space without water evaporation.
  9. Observe the instructions regarding movement joint positions for intermediate, edges and connections in this data sheet and other professional standards.

Reply to Ditra sound boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen