Search the forum,

Discuss Decoupling membrane needed? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

B

Brody29

I have 2 rooms to tile with ceramic tiles 15 x 60 cm tiles. There is a sand and cement screed of about 90mm thick with ufh heating pipes set within. One room is approx 5x5 metres , the other joins this room and is a hall at 1.2 x 4 metres, there is an expansion joint between the 2.
Would this require a membrane and is there anything else you can recommend i may need?
Many thanks
Mark

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No need for a membrane - just carry the expansion joint through the tile.

B

Brody29

Thanks guys , there is a 25mm celotex upstand around the slab, so if I add an expansion joint Between rooms and around perimeter, that should allow for movement all around.
Am I right in assuming I just need a watered down pva solution on the screed, and then can just spread adhesive straight on once dry? Do I need any special adhesive due to ufh?
Many thanks for advice

B

Brody29

Hi Julian , why would you not apply pva solution ? The house is a new build and the slab is quite dusty.

Reply to Decoupling membrane needed? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen