Discuss Debonding of porcelain tiled concrete floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I need several information about ceramic/porcelain tiles. Hop you could help me out on the following questions.
Most of the contractors are using NPC to install porcelain/ceramic tiles as to reduce the initial cost of the project.
*Debonding is observed only on any size of porcelain tiles installed on concrete floor as this is the only
type of floor is constructed here …..what could be the reason ? will it happen with the ceramic tiles aslo?
* All the incident observed at 4 - 5 years of aged tiled surface. Any special reason ?
* Normally the contractor and consultants here keeps only 2 - 3 mm of tile groves is it ok?
* How can I decide on the width of the grove?
* what could be the expansion of porcelain tile? comparing with the expansion of concrete slab as concrete floor is only our concern here. no more sub floors.
*Any technical evaluation of slab and porcelain tile expansion behavior?
* If adhesive is used how it would fix this issue…..technical explanation plz?
Appreciate if you could help me out for a research purpose study and suggest me to refer any site on the subject matter.
Fahim Ahmedth

D

DHTiling

What size of tiles is it ?

What size area is tiled . ?

Is there any expansion joints within the tiling field and is there perimeter joints .

Do you know what fixing method was used . ?

Is the floor heated. ?

Reaction score
What size of tiles is it ? 300 mm x 300 mm , 600 mm x 600 mm and 1 m x 1 m

What size area is tiled . ? This is observed in broad area (40 ft x 35 ft) as well as narrow areas (6 ft x 15 ft).

Is there any expansion joints within the tiling field and is there perimeter joints . No, but there are groves of approx 2mm in-between tiles

Do you know what fixing method was used . ? Cement concrete floor ----> Cement/sand tile bed -----> Tiles bonded with cement slurry ( NPC slurry which obtained by mixing with water)

Is the floor heated. ? No. this observed in middle floor as well as in ground floor. Top most floor is a concrete roof top. 2 storied office building, operating with HVAC system

Reply to Debonding of porcelain tiled concrete floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks