Search the forum,

Discuss Debonding of porcelain tiled concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I need several information about ceramic/porcelain tiles. Hop you could help me out on the following questions.
Most of the contractors are using NPC to install porcelain/ceramic tiles as to reduce the initial cost of the project.
*Debonding is observed only on any size of porcelain tiles installed on concrete floor as this is the only
type of floor is constructed here …..what could be the reason ? will it happen with the ceramic tiles aslo?
* All the incident observed at 4 - 5 years of aged tiled surface. Any special reason ?
* Normally the contractor and consultants here keeps only 2 - 3 mm of tile groves is it ok?
* How can I decide on the width of the grove?
* what could be the expansion of porcelain tile? comparing with the expansion of concrete slab as concrete floor is only our concern here. no more sub floors.
*Any technical evaluation of slab and porcelain tile expansion behavior?
* If adhesive is used how it would fix this issue…..technical explanation plz?
Appreciate if you could help me out for a research purpose study and suggest me to refer any site on the subject matter.
Fahim Ahmedth

D

DHTiling

What size of tiles is it ?

What size area is tiled . ?

Is there any expansion joints within the tiling field and is there perimeter joints .

Do you know what fixing method was used . ?

Is the floor heated. ?

Reaction score
What size of tiles is it ? 300 mm x 300 mm , 600 mm x 600 mm and 1 m x 1 m

What size area is tiled . ? This is observed in broad area (40 ft x 35 ft) as well as narrow areas (6 ft x 15 ft).

Is there any expansion joints within the tiling field and is there perimeter joints . No, but there are groves of approx 2mm in-between tiles

Do you know what fixing method was used . ? Cement concrete floor ----> Cement/sand tile bed -----> Tiles bonded with cement slurry ( NPC slurry which obtained by mixing with water)

Is the floor heated. ? No. this observed in middle floor as well as in ground floor. Top most floor is a concrete roof top. 2 storied office building, operating with HVAC system

Reply to Debonding of porcelain tiled concrete floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen