Search the forum,

Discuss Dark patches appearing on limestone floor tiles after laying and sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Can't really say alot more than has been said already, incorrect fixing method, grey adhesive instead of white, this is why you have your problem. You must call your tiler back as this is his responsibility. I hope you get a favourable outcome, all the best.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: - who supplied the 'tiler' or was he recommended and did you receive an Invoice.
First place will be to try and get him back or show him the pictures - hopefully he will be of the right moral conduct and admit his error.

Very Good Luck - its going to cost someone a bit of money.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi j burnett sorry but as above that job needs ripped out.......after you have taken pics and sought compenasation in fulll from mr tiler

P

Pebbs

hi j burnett sorry but as above that job needs ripped out.......after you have taken pics and sought compenasation in fulll from mr tiler

I totally agree with Kilty, the floor needs to come up sooner rather than later, the tiler (and I use the term loosely) has to step up to the plate and admit that he is totally 100% at fault. Jonathan you need to jump on this post haste, do not listen to excuses, get a recorded letter off straight away, with the photographic evidence. Also state that you are giving them 3 days to respond and rectify, and if he doesnt respond start legal proceedings.

This workmanship is deplorable, I would be raising hell....(hold a minute I do that most days!).

Pebbs

Reaction score
Ouch. Not good, all excellent advice above. Be quick, be comprehensive and don't take no for an answer. The grey adhesive on its own is bad enough but DnD for a limestone floor.... There is plenty of support for you here from professionals who know what they are doing. Good luck.

Spoon

B

Bolter

~wrong adhesive
~wrong "method" (it isnt even a method, its DIY standard at best)
~incorrect substrate. It is not recommended to tile Natural Stone over old ceramic tiles. Again DIY standard, and thats being generous.

Did the tiler offer to remove the old ceramics?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

OMG as above, get the "TILER" back, spot technique:yikes: never heard dot and dab called that before. This guy is trying to put a fancy name to cowboy practice. Good luck:thumbsup:

Reply to Dark patches appearing on limestone floor tiles after laying and sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen