Search the forum,

Discuss Damaged tiles needs replacing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Marie

-
Reaction score
Evening everyone , we have about 9 floor tiles in our kitchen that needs to be replaced , ( don’t want to have to replace the whole floor )
I’ve search for hours to find the tiles and finally found them , until I realised they are 3 cm to big , so my question is could we cut them down to size , would they look ok , as in would the cut tiles blend in with the originals or would the edges be to sharp ?? Please help it’s giving me a headache

Thanks in advance Marie

Reaction score
The cut edge can be smoothed out fairly easily using a rubbing pad. Cutting them down to exactly the right size is a whole other issue, especially if you don't have the correct equipment/skills.
Personally, and I'm sure others will disagree :), if the finished look is that critical I'd suggest you get a quote to have them cut by a local waterjet cutting company. Failing that I think it's time to call a professional tiler in.

P

Perfect Tiling

9 tiles.....out of how many and are they chipped, cracked or loose. If cracked or loose I'd be getting a tiler in for a look as if some are like this the rest may be going that way too.

Marie

-
Reaction score
The previous owners had a leak from the washing machine , so we think this is what has caused the problem, the tiles have become loose then cracked , the room is 12 sqm. The other tiles are not effected at all

Reply to Damaged tiles needs replacing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’m new to this forum so apologies if already discussed but couldn’t find anything...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen