Search the forum,

Discuss Cut glass Mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Skid Solo

I have purchased some glass mosaics from Topps (Glitter Brick B/G/S 130049), which I am using for a thin border around a bathroom (4 rows of glass oblongs) each sheet has around 20 rows on so I have no problem cutting them into 4 wide strips. However as each glass oblong is around 1 ½” they are not going to match wall length exactly so I am going to have to cut some.

So any advice on cutting would be gratefully received, I have a radial tile cutter but am worried about actually holding/clamping in order to cut and whether the diamond blade is suitable for glass as well as ceramic

J

jay

hi most glass mosics can be cut on a normal tile cutter score and crack what size are the mosaics:8:

S

Skid Solo

I havent got them with me, but each 'brick' is around 10mm by 35mm, I will be installing 4 row's of each brick so around 46mm (with 2mm gap)

J

jay

should cut okay hard to judge without seeing them pays to use a new wheel in cutter not to much pressure when scoring and break gentle you may need to put masking tape on the breaker as not to scratch glass hope this helps:8:

Reply to Cut glass Mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have two questions. First question. My bath is only 700 wide & im only going to tile to...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen