Search the forum,

Discuss crack line through tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

reggell

my tiles have a crack line directly on the joint underneath where the ply sheets are butted together. anyone know why?

J

jay

might be better if you can run us through the method of installation and a pic might help

D

Daz

It sounds like poor prep work, but more info as Jay has requested will help us provide constructive advice.

P

peckers

what ply was used, what thickness is it, whats it onto, how was it fixed/layed etc, more info please, oh and what tiles and addy too...

D

doug boardley

could be joist deflection (bounce) or expansion of your ply sheets if they've been hard butted up to each other instead of leaving a couple of mm "breathing space"

Reply to crack line through tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen