• Thread starter brendanbreeze
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss chasing up estimates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brendanbreeze

Hello all,

I measured up a job yesterday then came away and put together an estimate, then this morning I went round and hand delivered it. the customer wasn't in so I put it through the letter box. Just wondering what to do now? How long should I wait for them to ring, and what if they don't ring? should I leave it at that or give them a call?

Many thanks - Brendan

B

brian c

as above,give them a few days at least before ringing them up and asking if the quote was ok.

T

Terry Cottar

if they dont ring it usually means you are too dear or something else is wrong i never contact them again. u can usually tell when your there if they arte going to use u

tel

F

frankenfurter

I've never ever chased up a quote, just ready for them to get in contact.

L

LM Ceramics

i have chased them up when i havent had much work on as you have nothing to lose and on the few occasions when ive done it ive actually got the job but i would leave it a week at least

D

doug boardley

I'd leave it a week or so and then ring. You want to know if you are likely to be booked or to free up the dates in your diary. Nothing worse than customer ringing after about 6 weeks asking if you'll be round to start in the morning:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

There is nothing wrong with ringing prospective customers back, Its called a curtesy call, they might have a few questions about your quote and you ringing them back is a good way to let them know you want to help answer those questions, always always ring back, you get good feedback this way. On the subject of Quotes/Estimates, a quote is a legally binding price, you may run into un-foreseen circumstances after you start the job, plaster falling off walls, bouncing floors etc, it could be anything, my letterhead has 3 boxes at the top, Estimate,Quote, Invoice, ticking estimate allows you to negotiate the situation should any extras crop up.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

B

brendanbreeze

Thanks for the advice Doug,

Your reply has raised another question in my head. When I was round there yesterday we didn't discuss when I could start and I haven't written anything on my estimates about it. I guess I should have? But thought we'd arrange the dates if/when they accepted my price.

Reply to chasing up estimates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen