Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bosch floor laser GSL2 in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Sorry Marc that Bosch looks a good bit of kit but kinda lost! Is it self levelling and then telling you where the floor dips or rises and also telling you floor is off level and which direction?

OP
O

Old Mod

Sorry Marc that Bosch looks a good bit of kit but kinda lost! Is it self levelling and then telling you where the floor dips or rises and also telling you floor is off level and which direction?
Yes, basically Ian the two lines are adjusted manually until they form a single line Justin front of the unit.
Then using the remote you can scan the floor for a complete 360degrees if you wish. Wherever the single line separates, there is a rise or fall in your floor. You can mark it so accurately that you can trace the outline of the lump or divet in the floor.
So you can either grind out the lumps or latex out the divets. You can even latex as you scan the floor and watch the lines come together and form one in front of you as you latex. That's what the target is for, it indicates a rise or fall, depending where the lines intersect it.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

Yes, basically Ian the two lines are adjusted manually until they form a single line Justin front of the unit.
Then using the remote you can scan the floor for a complete 360degrees if you wish. Wherever the single line separates, there is a rise or fall in your floor. You can mark it so accurately that you can trace the outline of the lump or divet in the floor.
So you can either grind out the lumps or latex out the divets. You can even latex as you scan the floor and watch the lines come together and form one in front of you as you latex. That's what the target is for, it indicates a rise or fall, depending where the lines intersect it.
Ok got it, definitely a good bit of kit and here's me walking around with a straight edge, level and piece of chalk trying to avoid all the full glasses of water!

OP
O

Old Mod

Ok got it, definitely a good bit of kit and here's me walking around with a straight edge, level and piece of chalk trying to avoid all the full glasses of water!
Haha yeah you know mate.
Don't get me wrong, it's not the be all and end all! There's lots of situations where it's impractical. You need a reasonable floor area to start with.
And it sits in storage for months at a time. But when it can be used, it's bloody marvellous.
I had a 100m2 floor to do a while back that needed a fall to one corner to a sump pump, made my life so much simpler. And job was big enough to loose cost of machine. The only way to buy luxury kit! What can I say! :)

OP
O

Old Mod

Bet it will be some floor when finished!
It has to be Ian, the client is super fussy.
To give you an example, when I went round to first view it he was bare foot. (Hang on! Haha)
He planted his foot, (big guy 6'2" plus) hard on the floor and dragged his feet over the tiles and said
"See! You can feel the joints, shocking!"
I think I'm in for a hard snag list if I don't get it right! Haha

Reply to Bosch floor laser GSL2 in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock