Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Laser Level Telescopic Pole in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

trogre

Hi. I am going to buy a cross laser level. I have one that you hold on the wall but is a bit restricting. To be perfectly honest I probably will use it around once a year. I got the option of buying a good second hand Bosch PCL-10 or I can go for the Bosch Pro GLL 2-15 but new.

I know the GLL 2-15 would be a better bet over a second hand or even a new PCL-10. The only real difference is you can choose what line you want to see on the GLL but the PCL you have both lines up at once. For the amount of my use not really a problem. According to the info the GLL is 0.3mm and the PCL 0.5mm so for me again not a lot.

I have a tripod which extends up to about 1.7M max but I would like to have the use a telescopic pole as well. Bosch PCL-10 pole is around £55 with brackets and the GLL with brackets around £100.No doubt the GLL pole is more sturdy for professional use but I will only be using it around the house & garage.

From what I can see almost any telescopic pole by any manufacture as long as it has the room to mount the laser and has the standard tripod thread will do. I am right or wrong on this? The pocket tells me to go for the cheaper PCL-10 & pole but my heart tells me to buy the better GLL and a different pole.
Thank for any input or advice

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Your better off adapting a plasterboard prop. The extendable poles for lasers are a bit flimsy and they wobble when you walk around a room with timber floors.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've always used a PLS180 and just stuck it to a board prop. Never had a problem

T

trogre

martin1c,thanks for your help. I do have lot of telescopic poles but there are all aluminium!!
Sticking the laser to a plasterboard prop like you and Chalker mentioned is a good idea.
I looked on screwfix and they sell them for £17.99 but again they are aluminium I think so no good.
They do sell the forged steel props in pairs,which makes sense for £40 so a lot cheaper than a "designer laser pole"
I decided in the end to buy a Dewalt DWO88K, so hopefully not a case of buy cheap buy twice,just waiting for it to arrive.

magga

TF
Reaction score
I've got a STABILA LT30 which are only about £45, if you shop around.

It's pretty good, the only thing I would say is try and get a laser with a precise height adjuster, so you can get it roughly in the right place on the pole, then fine tune the height with a dial. I think one of the Bosch lasers does come with one of these.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I use this

Bosch BM1 Universal Wall Mount

My GLL 80P fits onto it then I just put a screw in the wall and hang it on there. If i have a large room then I use a cheapo tripod that came with an old crap non self level laser I tried , think the bosch lasers come with a standard M size screw size on the bottom of the laser , might be worth a check.

Edit : My bosch sits on the BM1 , the BM1 sits on the tripod.

Diggy

D

Dougs Third Go

I use a length of shelving profile, there's nearly always somewhere in a room that you can screw it to a wall, then it stays firm, no wobble, and you can slide your laser up and down to whatever height you want.

Reply to Laser Level Telescopic Pole in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks