Discuss Blade starts to walk off centre? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Всем привет из России. Алмазный диск можно заточить вот так. Включаете перпендикулярно. Без воды. Пишу по русски . К сожалению не вдадею английским.

Reaction score

I

Italy

Всем привет из России. Алмазный диск можно заточить вот так. Включаете перпендикулярно. Без воды. Пишу по русски . К сожалению не вдадею английским.
готов перевод
Hello everyone from Russia. Diamond disc can be sharpened like this. Turn on perpendicular. Without water. I am writing in Russian. Unfortunately I do not speak English.

D

Dumbo

Welcome to the forum

Reaction score
Спасибо. Пока читаю сообщения. Надеюсь на взаимность. О себе . Живу в Казань. Россия. Проффесиональный плиточник. Похоже и в Англии и в России. Заботы плиточников похожи.

I

Italy

Спасибо. Пока читаю сообщения. Надеюсь на взаимность. О себе . Живу в Казань. Россия. Проффесиональный плиточник. Похоже и в Англии и в России. Заботы плиточников похожи.
Вы не можете использовать Google Translate для перевода?
Я использовал это в течение 4 лет, чтобы говорить здесь.

Reaction score

Good idea. I was thinking of putting the disk in a pillar drill and turning it slowly. Then use an angle grinder with metal grinding disk to grind the edge square.

Отличная идея. Я думал о том, чтобы положить диск в колонку и медленно повернуть его. Затем используйте угловую шлифовальную машину с металлическим шлифовальным диском для шлифования кромки.

Reaction score
нужно включить одновременно. Вы можете сначала в одну сторону. потом другой.

Reaction score
Saw a video where a guy with a diamond lapidary saw, oil cooled, hits the edge with a bastard file... He seems to be suggesting that it cracks up the surface diamond edges?

Reaction score
шоу
[automerge]1562440856[/automerge]
difficult forum. after a minute asks for verification. am I a bot? this is normal?
[automerge]1562440883[/automerge]
сложный форум. через минуту просит проверки. я бот? это нормально?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Memoria damnata, I managed to get the edge of the blade square again, by grinding it with an angle grinder edge on at 90 degrees while the blade was spun slowly in a pillar drill.

The blades cut really well after this and more importantly they cut straight.

I will dress the blades while cutting, every metre or two of cut and see if I can keep them cutting true.
[automerge]1563193777[/automerge]
Some info from Marcrist:

Dress the blade by passing it through the dressing stone 10 times. Do it dry.

The stone needs to be abrasive and soft. Breeze block can be used or old soft cermaic tile offcuts.

They are replacing the blade and maybe if I dress once every other cut, it might stay cutting straight.

Last edited:

Reply to Blade starts to walk off centre? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks