Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q Beige Porcelain Tiles . . .aaarrrgghhh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Looked at these in B&Q the other day and it says on the packaging that the wax coating should be removed, and that the tile should be sealed prior to fixing and after grouting, which I would say is good practice with a porous tile.

Talk to your tiler.

They ain't really porous.. They stain because the polishing process opens up the surface pores and these are what collect the grout dirt etc and give that stained look, by sealing them you close these pores..

Porcelain on average is only 0.5% water absorbent and standard tiles can be +3% and well over.

D

DHTiling

Whats the upshot on this? Is there any possibility of cleaning them? Or am I am on to a bum steer? The leaflet inside did say that the wax needed removing and that they needed sealong first- but in his opinion they didn't- so I am left with these stains all over them- do you guys know of any product I can use which will remove the stains?

There are 2 i would recommend to try first..

One is Lithofin Abra clean and the second is Aqua mix Nano scrub... both these are particle abrasive and will help remove the transit wax and hopefully what is lodged in the surface.

O

obobsmith

They ain't really porous.. They stain because the polishing process opens up the surface pores and these are what collect the grout dirt etc and give that stained look, by sealing them you close these pores..

Porcelain on average is only 0.5% water absorbent and standard tiles can be +3% and well over.
:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin: Thanks Dave, knew that ,was only trying to keep things simple for the man.:thumbsup:

Reply to B&Q Beige Porcelain Tiles . . .aaarrrgghhh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.