Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q Beige Porcelain Tiles . . .aaarrrgghhh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mick76

Hello everyone, help needed! I have just had 25M3 of the 600mm x 600mm "Windsor Polished Porcelain" Tiles fitted, and they have stained pretty bad after grouting with Charcoal BAL Grout.

I have tried fila extra strong grout remover with no success, and reading other posts there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer on what I can do.

The box said they had wax on them, which needed cleaning beforehand, and the guy who fitted them said that this wasn't a problem, he never sealed them before fitting either- so, I am left with stains on the majority of them.

I have not sealed them yet (as i dont want to sel the problem in)

I have also tried (on an inconspicuos area) white vinegar, bleach all to no avail!

So, I know I have been stupid, but, please someone out there must have faced a similar situation- any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation!!

S

Sean fsy

I would say its the tilers fault to be honest. fitted these a few times. all wax was removed and they were sealed previous to me fitting them. it all boils down to the argument seal prior or afterward. i dont know how you can overcome the staining and quite surprised your tiler asnt been more help.

mattok2.jpg

M

mick76

yes- they were very shiny- like the ones in seans photo. the guy who did it is my brother in law- so I don't want to start world war 3 with him, but, I am really concerned if nothing can be done . . .

D

DHTiling

So they were not sealed before grouting if he said no transit wax was on the,,?..

They need to be sealed before grouting.

O

obobsmith

Looked at these in B&Q the other day and it says on the packaging that the wax coating should be removed, and that the tile should be sealed prior to fixing and after grouting, which I would say is good practice with a porous tile.

Talk to your tiler.

M

mick76

Whats the upshot on this? Is there any possibility of cleaning them? Or am I am on to a bum steer? The leaflet inside did say that the wax needed removing and that they needed sealong first- but in his opinion they didn't- so I am left with these stains all over them- do you guys know of any product I can use which will remove the stains?

Reply to B&Q Beige Porcelain Tiles . . .aaarrrgghhh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen