Search the forum,

Discuss asphalt floor advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mickyc

Hello All

Need abit of advice we have an asphalt roof which is now the floor in a hotel after an extension a few years back
And we have a problem regards screed it has all cracked and broke up what can we put on the asphalt to stop screed / self levelling cracking?.

Thanx in advance mike.

Wrong section sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

So i assume it is not flooring grade asphalt..

You could screw/plug cement board to it and then tank if waterproofing is still required.

Any idea how thick it is and what was it laid onto.

M

mickyc

Hi Dave,

I have been there today and had a look and seen were the floor levelling has broken up completly , the chap i spoke to stated he had done it twice and same result.

So asked for my advice , what i have gathered it is an original roof of the building and i would state that the thickness would only be a few mil & yes its roof grade asphalt.

I presume it is on concrete it is an old hotel.

Most of the job is floor levelling and timber floors going in but kitchen is to be tiled about 25 m2 / but other floors still need to be levelled.

I was wondering if you could use something like that green paint on grit compound thats used in plastering to give it a key you put it on prior to plastering for bad walls ?.

Thanks for reply mike.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Can you get underneath it and see what the roof was actually made of?

I'm suspecting timber, and the weight of the SLC is buckling the sheet material perhaps?

D

DHTiling

If you ring Mapei tech, then ask about ecoprim-grip... this should do the job but best to check first.. Broken Link Removed

Asphalt is a funny substrate sometimes..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to asphalt floor advice in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen