Search the forum,

Discuss Alternative to Plasplugs Master Tiler Cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had been thinking of buying the master tiler until they became unavailable.
Can I have recommendations of alternatives please, up to £130ish.
I need to be able to buy a glass cutting blade to fit it.
I see Topps do an aluminium tabled cutter for £100 with 180mm blade:

Portable Wet Saw 750W

Has anyone used one, is it a plasplugs re-brand?
thanks for help, everyone.

W

wivers

Rubi Diamant ND-180-BL Electric Tile Cutter 230v

Thats what i have and they retail at about £98 quid.

Vitrex make a cutter very similar to Plasplug, its called the Vitrex Versatile Pro 750w i think.

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I now see Machine Mart have the Master Tiler for £80. Seems
great value. I assume different makers blades will fit it? What is the downside of getting it, can't see it for less than £125 anywhere else. What do you think?

W

wivers

I love the master tiler mate.

I used to have the one down from it think it was the pro tiler and that was great, just the right size.

TJ had a master tiler and it was quality for the price.

For 80 notes i cant see a down side.

T

TJ Smiler

Cheers Wivs. Aflemi go get the master tiler, it's the nuts!!! i had one for about 2 years and i kid you not i abused that thing rotten. Don't waste your time with anything else!!!

TJ

aflemi

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha, Machine Mart now tell me out of stock ........... back to alternatives. looks like Rubi Diamant ND-180-BL with a glass cutting blade.
Thanks for input guys.

W

White Room

Try getting a small Briccolina, when your've got one let me know where from, they seem as rare as rocking horse dung at the moment:thumbsup:

T

TJ Smiler

White beam, pentagon tiles in harlow stock those mate...... £130 i think

I'm going down there tomorrow so will let you know for deffinate

TJ

Reply to Alternative to Plasplugs Master Tiler Cutter in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen