Search the forum,

Discuss After Advice with crazing on British Ceramic Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
After a bit of advice with tiles that have just been fitted.
I'm using British Ceramic Tiles (Not my choice) Had an initial problem with somer tiles being 2mm different in size.
But now Im finding the ones that Iv'e fitted are starting to craze. There were a few in the boxes that were crazed but put these to one side along with the different sized ones.
Problem I now have is that every day Im finding new crazed ones on the wall. Upto 8 at the minute and have changed 4 already.
Not sure what to do? Where do I stand by contacting BCT. Any advice would be appreciated.
Here are a few pics of the ones fitted.
IMG_8733.jpg IMG_8734.jpg IMG_8736.jpg
And some of the different sizes
IMG_8684.jpg IMG_8685.jpg IMG_8686.jpg

W

White Room

I'd be checking with the suppliers first, if no joy then BCT....or get a call to a rep.

Just fixed some, same name of tile but different batch...the tile finish was like chalk and cheese:thumbsdown:

Reaction score
Cheers for quick responce.
Have already voiced my concerns with my supplier last week when I had to change several tiles due to size difference.
called in to my supplier with 3 tiles I had left outside overnight and all 3 had crazed.
Have a feeling that BCT are going to fob me off saying its temperature related and my fault. I also found that when I drilled 6mm holes in tiles that crazing would appear after a few minutes. Even when I used my 20mm pct hole kit with water same thing happened.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

you need to cut two peices of the tile get a bucket put a sponge in it then put the two peices of tile on top one face down one face up now poor water in until the sponge takes in the water but does not float .this will tell you wheather the biscuit is at fault or the glaze .watch witch one causes the crazing

Reaction score
you need to cut two peices of the tile get a bucket put a sponge in it then put the two peices of tile on top one face down one face up now poor water in until the sponge takes in the water but does not float .this will tell you wheather the biscuit is at fault or the glaze .watch witch one causes the crazing

Cheers ray will try that 1 tomorrow.
Personally I think its a manufacturing problem (Thermal shock) would like to find out if any more of these tiles (same batch) have problems.

Last edited:

Reply to After Advice with crazing on British Ceramic Tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen