Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please re puddle on wetroom floor? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

WENDYSTEW

Thank you for confirming, So categorically it is not considered "normal", for there to be any puddles left on a wetroom shower floor using a proforma tray? As electrician was also there at the time and he spouted up "yes I have puddles on my floor and I have to use a squidgy" The Tiler also blamed the 600x300mm porcelain tiles, saying they were really difficult to cut. I am just concerned that his tiler wont be able to put it right, he has already had 2 attempts!!!!
ARE THERE ANY TILERS FROM BRISTOL ON HERE PLEASE?

W

WENDYSTEW

Buy a spirit level as @Localtiler suggested and you will see what is wrong and show the fitter,
Explain a wetroom does not leave big puddles everywhere as the fall in the tray and tiles move the water to the drain.
It hasn’t been installed correctly and he should rectify the problem again
Hi Adey, I borrowed a level and you are right, the side where the puddle is, is level!! Also looking at the pic of the falls on the tray, on the website, the tiles are not cut slanted in the same positions. I am going to call him back!!!! Thank you.

W

WENDYSTEW

Hi, no the tray wasn't cut back, that is how it is, I have attached a photo of it.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 15.51.50.png

Q

Qwerty

If it is an 1800 long former, then straight away it is clear that the issue is also with how the envelope cuts have been made. They're not long enough. Here is an 1800 long former I fitted recently. See how the envelope cuts have been taken to the far corners and straight to the drain....

20170901_125139.jpg

Reply to Advice please re puddle on wetroom floor? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen