Discuss Acrylic primer didn't bond to Larsen Tile Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rating
1.00 star(s)
Reaction score
Their say isn't final. You can pay The Tile Association a fortune for them to get an 'independent expert' in and do their own report, and if that says it's their adhesive or other product, then you can take them to court and 9/10 the court will go in your favour should the report be in your fthele have done this a few times on here.

If you want more information, checkout TTA website, that has costs and things on it Ithin
Their say isn't final. You can pay The Tile Association a fortune for them to get an 'independent expert' in and do their own report, and if that says it's their adhesive or other product, then you can take them to court and 9/10 the court will go in your favour should the report be in your favour. People have done this a few times on here.

If you want more information, checkout TTA website, that has costs and things on it I think.
Thanks for the reply Dan, I'll look into that. I heard of one person locally who got an independent report that stated the acrylic primer was not fit for purpose its something I must follow up on. They state minimum 3mm grout joint (I used 2mm) with an expansion joint every 5 lineal metres, I called 3 local tile shops none stock expansion joint and they might sell it once a year max. While I honour every expansion joint cut into a subtrate and leave 10mm+ around the perimeter for movement this seems to be nothing but an excuse from the company to accommodate for lack of flexibility in their ahesives. In a 6 metre long kitchen am i expected to install an expansion joint? I've been tiling 15+ years and have never had an issue with this 🤷🏻‍♂

Reply to Acrylic primer didn't bond to Larsen Tile Adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks