Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss 3mm thick floor tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jay

hi just wondering if anyone has used levantina tiles yet as local supplier has started to stock them all the colors and most sizes 1mx1m x3mm yes thats right 3mm thick look like the real mcoy but lighter (best described as laminex look a like it bends cuts on normal tile cutter (sigma) the backing seems to be some sort of fiberglass mesh does anyone know anything about it you can have a look at www,levantina, com no i havent been drinking not yet anyway:8:

D

doug boardley

I assume you're looking at the techlam stuff Jay, they're making some pretty bold statements aren't they:ninja:

J

jay

yes thats my view to but just sat down in office and started to read tile today (its been there 3 weeks) and it full of thin tiles (RAK slim rado laminam)just to name a few you can cut it with a glass cutter up to 6mm ill see if i can scan artical if thats ok :8:

J

jay

[/ATTACH]
one artical :8:

read bottom one first

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

Jay, my bifocals aren't helping my 44 year old eyes with trying to read your article! Anyway to zoom in on that?

S

Spud

i have seen some of these wafer thin porcelain tiles, i dont think id be happy using them on floors but walls i would definately use them

C

Colour Republic

Jay, my bifocals aren't helping my 44 year old eyes with trying to read your article! Anyway to zoom in on that?

Right click
save picture as

then once its saved to your hard drive open it and zoom in, it's quite a good quality scan so is easy to read

hang on i'll see if i can upload a big picture back onto the forum

J

jay

had another look at them yesterday there clasified as tiles but there more a laminate not real keen as it states walls and floors must be flat and you dont see that as for floors you must have 100% coverage and they dont recomend for comercial or areas using hard weel trolleys //////// (so what about fridges and washing machines) its new and will have to wait and see :8:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
A BIG BIG in fact HUGE bump, anyone fixing any of these now ? Any pics, any tips, I'm in the process of trying to organise a job involving them and looking for some input re any problems fixing etc

TIA

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just done 2 bathroom floors with 5mm B&Q floor tiles. I cannot stress enough that you must have 100% coverage and check that they are completely flat. I just dry laid one tile for a cut, put my hand in it and it cracked. The ones I used had a slight curl at the corners but because I did a random bond with a 3mm joint it wasn't noticeable.

M

m3fitter

tiled with the thin porc's a year ago 600 x 300, didn't like it.. slightly bowed, and messy when deep bedding to make wall true.. not keen, commercially they are getting more popular with office blocks as cost effective in bulk, and very large format as you said 1000x1000, and yes they bend, as you can adhere one end, wait to it goes off, and bend the rest down a ramp.. !! Also being sold as a height issue solver, ie: tile on tile if UFH is present under existing tiles.. not keen.. but who knows may be the tile of the future !! @@

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I've just done 2 bathroom floors with 5mm B&Q floor tiles. I cannot stress enough that you must have 100% coverage and check that they are completely flat. I just dry laid one tile for a cut, put my hand in it and it cracked. The ones I used had a slight curl at the corners but because I did a random bond with a 3mm joint it wasn't noticeable.

The coverage issue doesn't really worry me, I was more worried about if one had to come up, these bad boys are 1800x900x3mm, can't see them coming up IF one had to, I would imagine the floor has to be as a mill pond

tiled with the thin porc's a year ago 600 x 300, didn't like it.. slightly bowed, and messy when deep bedding to make wall true.. not keen, commercially they are getting more popular with office blocks as cost effective in bulk, and very large format as you said 1000x1000, and yes they bend, as you can adhere one end, wait to it goes off, and bend the rest down a ramp.. !! Also being sold as a height issue solver, ie: tile on tile if UFH is present under existing tiles.. not keen.. but who knows may be the tile of the future !! @@

I think it's gonna be a learning curve either way.

Reply to 3mm thick floor tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks