Search the forum,

Discuss 3mm thick floor tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

hi just wondering if anyone has used levantina tiles yet as local supplier has started to stock them all the colors and most sizes 1mx1m x3mm yes thats right 3mm thick look like the real mcoy but lighter (best described as laminex look a like it bends cuts on normal tile cutter (sigma) the backing seems to be some sort of fiberglass mesh does anyone know anything about it you can have a look at www,levantina, com no i havent been drinking not yet anyway:8:

D

doug boardley

I assume you're looking at the techlam stuff Jay, they're making some pretty bold statements aren't they:ninja:

J

jay

yes thats my view to but just sat down in office and started to read tile today (its been there 3 weeks) and it full of thin tiles (RAK slim rado laminam)just to name a few you can cut it with a glass cutter up to 6mm ill see if i can scan artical if thats ok :8:

J

jay

[/ATTACH]
one artical :8:

read bottom one first

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

Jay, my bifocals aren't helping my 44 year old eyes with trying to read your article! Anyway to zoom in on that?

S

Spud

i have seen some of these wafer thin porcelain tiles, i dont think id be happy using them on floors but walls i would definately use them

C

Colour Republic

Jay, my bifocals aren't helping my 44 year old eyes with trying to read your article! Anyway to zoom in on that?

Right click
save picture as

then once its saved to your hard drive open it and zoom in, it's quite a good quality scan so is easy to read

hang on i'll see if i can upload a big picture back onto the forum

J

jay

had another look at them yesterday there clasified as tiles but there more a laminate not real keen as it states walls and floors must be flat and you dont see that as for floors you must have 100% coverage and they dont recomend for comercial or areas using hard weel trolleys //////// (so what about fridges and washing machines) its new and will have to wait and see :8:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
A BIG BIG in fact HUGE bump, anyone fixing any of these now ? Any pics, any tips, I'm in the process of trying to organise a job involving them and looking for some input re any problems fixing etc

TIA

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just done 2 bathroom floors with 5mm B&Q floor tiles. I cannot stress enough that you must have 100% coverage and check that they are completely flat. I just dry laid one tile for a cut, put my hand in it and it cracked. The ones I used had a slight curl at the corners but because I did a random bond with a 3mm joint it wasn't noticeable.

Reply to 3mm thick floor tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen