Discuss 3 way mitre in window reveal in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I am at a complete standstill, just cant get my head around the corner joint I need to do in the window reveal. So I am just tiling 3 tiles up the reveal and have followed tutorials on "how to do a 3 way mitre" but it just doesnt work for me. Is it that the trim I am using is just rounded and not a full quadrant and will therefore not work? If so how is the job done neatly? The only way I can see it to mitre the 2 horizontal trims 90 degrees and then butt the vertical up to them but it doesn't look tidy as you then have a curve meeting a point?

Can a ready made curve be bought that suits this trim? the ones I see seem to only be for quadrant and would therefore not work with my trim?

If anyone could point be in the right direction I would be so grateful.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 20221024_104144.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 44
  • 20221024_104203.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 44

Wesley

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Try 3 way mitre, mancave projects, on YouTube.
Couple of practice cuts on scrap trim and you’ll be away

Reply to 3 way mitre in window reveal in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks