Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Plastic edging strips 5mm above tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good evening tilers,

I've just had some tile work done in our kitchen and the plastic edging strip sticks out about 5mm above the tile on our window ledge and sides. I am getting to grips with why the tiler has done this - we have plastic edging around the windows and rather than rip those up to raise the tile height, he has tucked the tiles under there and so made the sacrifice at the edging strip. At least that's what I am guessing is the logic? I don't understand at all why he couldn't have used curved edging strips which might have avoided this issue at all?

Anyway, I'm now wondering if there is any way to trim down these edging strips so they don't look so naff and potentially act as a water trap? Or is ripping the tiles up and replacing them the only option?

I'd be grateful for any advice/help.

E

Edd The Tiler

Got any pics you could post? Im not following what you're saying here, so pics might help

Reply to Plastic edging strips 5mm above tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock