Discuss Trim advice on splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm after some advice on what type of trim would look best.

I'm installing these Onda Atlantic 5cm x 25cm | Wall & Floor Tiles | Fired Earth Tiles - https://www.firedearth.com/onda-atlantic-5cm-x-25cm as a kitchen splashback in a brick bond pattern, they have slightly softened edges and an uneven appearance. There are some open ends, and areas along the top of the tiles which will be exposed. I was originally thinking of using trim, but think a plastic trim will look ugly, if I use a full tile at the top I guess I could neatly silicon the top edge (white grout and walls anyway) and it would look ok. But I'm not convinced that would look great on the vertical edge (where there would be cuts). So back to trim... I wondered about Matt white aluminium trim, what would that look like? I could go with a silver trim, but think it might look harsh.

I've also got some external corners on the window recess to do, I could mitre them, but wouldn't the wavey surface look naff (mitre just the backs and have a grout recess on the fronts maybe).

Untitled.png

On an unrelated issue there is currently a stainless steel splashback behind the hob - does anyone know how these are attached, are they screwed anywhere or just siliconed on?

Reply to Trim advice on splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks