Search the forum,

Discuss worktop grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

P'boro tiler

would i be wrong to grout a kitchen worktop area with bal microflex? or do i have to use epoxy? i thought both were ok and obviously the epoxy is better. but am i wrong for using microflex?

A

Aztectiler

If Bal is your product of choice then would recommend using Bal microflex grout, as it is a a cement-based grout formulated with built-in Microban antibacterial protection to inhibit the growth of bacteria, such as Listeria, Salmonella, E-coli and black mould. It provides an added level of hygiene protection in bathrooms, showers and food consumption areas. The grout also has built-in admixture to provide flexibility and to enhance the bond to tile edges such as fully vitrified/porcelain. Also gives you protection for black mould and bacteria.

Hope this helps :punk:

A

Aztectiler

Sorry wanted to say Bal Easypoxy is the correct product but copied and pasted the wrong line from my own list of product values.

Waterproof epoxy ceramic tile grout specifically formulated to resist chemical attack and to provide a durable, abrasion-resistant finish. Once cured, bacteria or dirt will not enter the grout and it is easily maintained in a sterile condition. Also suitable as a high performance epoxy adhesive for fixing ceramic tiles, on walls, floors, and worktops.

Sorry:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

dummy.gif
More colours are available in the Mapei one...
AngoloCorniceSxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
AngoloCorniceDxSu2Grigio.gif
dummy.gif
Kerapoxy.jpg

Two-component acid-resistant epoxy grout for joints over 3 mm.
Available is 26 colours.
Application:
Interior and exterior grout for ceramic tiles and natural stones on floors and walls.
Particularly suitable for grouting floors and walls in the food industry, thermal water baths, tanks containing aggressive chemicals, work surfaces in kitchens, hospitals, supermarkets and in all environments where complete hygiene is required and resistance to most aggressive chemicals.

D

DHTiling

p.s.....

here's the installation pdf for it

broken link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to worktop grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen