Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Workmanship? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

grid

HI,

I have recently had some tiling work done at home in the bathroom - yet unfinished. I am unhappy with the quality of work but don't know where I stand.

Can I post pictures here for some feedback and advice? if so is this the right area to post it in?

Thanks in advance.

O

Olz

Fire away mate, whats the problem with the tiling, stick some pictures up so we can see what your talking about.

D

davy_G

Thats what we are here for, fair impartial advice.

Also let us know what adhesive is being used and what the surface being tiled onto, ta

G

grid

OK - thanks. I have had an electrician around (who has done alot of work for a mate and is very good) He put in anew fuse board for me so I could have a shower fitted. I said I needed to tile the bathroom also and he said the plumber that came with him for the shower does tiling. Here are some pictures of the work so far. I'd appreciate honest, fair constructive feedback from you guys that do this for a living. Is it a good / fair / bad job?
ImageShack© - Gallery
ImageShack© - Gallery

S

simhopper

Stepped tiles,tiles to short on ceiling,trim badly cut,poorly cut/set out round window,mosaics badly set,Not worked clean

Need we go on!

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Got to the forth picture before I had to stop looking, sorry grid but that in no way constitutes tiling as we know it.

What size are the tiles, and what adhesive was used ? I know there will be lots of comments on this job, which, in layman's terms is gash.

Sorry again mate, who supplied the materials, and have you paid this cowboy anything yet ?

The list of snags / wrong doing is endless, where in the country are you by the way ?

Last edited:
G

Gazzer

Mate that is terrible.
A few of the pics were bad but i am sorry when i saw the pic of the head of the window i actually laughed......is this guy a comedian ? he sure as hell isnt a tiler.

O

Olz

img0143e.jpg
img0141yvo.jpg
img0145u.jpg
img0149k.jpg
img0148v.jpg
my.php

D

DHTiling

That is some of the worst tiling i have ever seen...
And this one as well OLi.

img0147b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

billhicks

Ouch, look at the level on the window cill....

Don't let him do anymore and point out all the things that are wrong. You obviously know what they are as you took pics of them all. :)

Reply to Workmanship? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks