Search the forum,

Discuss Workmanship? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

i think :yikes::yikes::yikes: is an understatement oli......that is some of the worst tiling ive seen.
stop him from doing any more work.

I agree mate but couldnt really think of anything else without swearing and I dont want to have to warn myself :lol:

Im afraid these pics are ripe for the rogues gallery.

To the OP, please keep us updated and please dont let the guy do any more work. This needs removing and redoing properly, by someone else.

G

grid

I bought the tiles, adhesive (Bal Grip) and grout (bal microflex) from Topps.

I have paid for the electrical work, part of which was fitting the shower (not done yet) but and the tiling I havn't paid for yet.

I want to be sure that I'm not being fussy but to me it looks like it wasn't measured up correctly to start with.

Does anyone know what come back I have or what the fairest way to deal with this is?

My options I guess are to ask him to put it right (but now have no confidence) or get someone else to make good the rest of the job, or to rip it all down and start again but then of course there is the cost of more tiles and plastering the wall from taking the tiles off?

Feel a bit dissapointed really

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
To be fair, if the guy's standard of work is such as this, I don't think he is capable of putting it right, I would point out................ I was going to say the mistakes, but that really is not the right phrase, tell him your not happy at all, instead of paying him, you want reimbursing for the botch job, tiles / adhesive and any other outlay, plus any extra costs incurred for repairs to walls, see how he goes at that but don't let him do any more work.

My 2 cents :thumbsup:

We as a forum are nationwide, I'm sure if you wanted a 'real' fixer, someone would be more than willing to quote, sorry to tout in your moment of need, but you do need this doing right.

Last edited:
O

Olz

Tell him not to do anything further, point out all the errors, IE everything you've photo'd.

Tell him that the work is not up to standard and you want it rectifying at his cost.

Sorry but its blatantly terrible, theres no way he could think it was decent.

The worst case scenario is that you have to take him to court to get the money back for the cost of rectification if he refuses to do it, but you must give him oppertunity fisrst, having things in writing always helps.

Best thing to do though first is to have a chat with him calmly and explain your not satisfied, point out the mistakes and tell him you want it redoing properly at his expense to a satisfactory standard.

G

Gazzer

The only way to rectify that mess is to strip it all off. It hasnt even been set out right so changing a few tiles will make no difference.

C

CJ CERAMICS

I bought the tiles, adhesive (Bal Grip) and grout (bal microflex) from Topps.

I have paid for the electrical work, part of which was fitting the shower (not done yet) but and the tiling I havn't paid for yet.

I want to be sure that I'm not being fussy but to me it looks like it wasn't measured up correctly to start with.

Does anyone know what come back I have or what the fairest way to deal with this is?

My options I guess are to ask him to put it right (but now have no confidence) or get someone else to make good the rest of the job, or to rip it all down and start again but then of course there is the cost of more tiles and plastering the wall from taking the tiles off?

Feel a bit dissapointed really
if he is a registered plumber i am sure that he will already know that this work is not up to standard and should be willing to pay to rectify to preserve his reputation.

D

DHTiling

To keep this NONE liable, please do not mention any names or details of the said tradesmen involved...

cheeeers grid for sharing this with us and i hope you get this resolved..:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

That is Shocking!!! What's more i can't believe the sparky let him carry on, he recommended this guy:yikes:

I..I... I'm lost for words, I feel so sorry for you Grid

B

basshunter

on a positive note-he has used tubbed so walls and tiles should clean up.
Sorry to hear of another one...when will it end?
Good luck with it all grid

D

Daz

As well as taking the diplomatic route, I would tap a few tiles with your knuckles, listening for hollow sounds. Judging by the poor standard of work, poor setting out and general poor quality of workmanship you will identify a number of incorrectly fixed tiles that will need to be removed and replaced.

You are well within your rights to demand that the tiles are all removed and the substrate made good, and then to have tiles re-fixed correctly with proper setting out and finishing.

Good luck and remember that there is always someone on here that will be willing to come and provide an individual non-bias report, just tell us where you are.

Reply to Workmanship? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen