Search the forum,

Discuss White Epoxy Grout for a Kitchen Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

NickSwann

My first post so Hi everyone.

After some advice please.

I have light grey ceramic floor tiles and white kitchen units.

I have re-grouted the floor with white standard cement based grout, you can guess that this doesn't last long until it becomes stained and I have to re-grout.

I have tried sealing the grout lines and a complete tile (test area) with an epoxy sealant but it turns the grout grey, I really want to stick with white grout.

So I am looking at white epoxy grout, I am told it is difficult to apply and very expensive, I'm not too bothered about the cost as long as it lasts and doesn't stain.

Has anyone got any experience of epoxy floor grout? and if so how has it worn? how easy is it to apply? etc... and what are the best products? I have found a couple but would apppreciate any recommendations.

thanks

Nick

J

jay

hi epoxy grout is a lot easier to install these days can recomend laticrete sp 100 have used in laundry toilet entrance area of own house (nearly 15 years back no probs your main prob will be removing all existing grout first:8:

A

albyshellshear

Hi when you come to use the epoxy grout please do a thread on it, i would like to know how easy or hard it is to use ta ......Alby

N

NickSwann

Have you tried a white colourant. White will need more maintenance.
No Aqua, I have only used white cement based grout which absorbs stains easily and looks a mess after a few months, so I'm looking for a white epoxy,

hi epoxy grout is a lot easier to install these days can recomend laticrete sp 100 have used in laundry toilet entrance area of own house (nearly 15 years back no probs your main prob will be removing all existing grout first:8:

Thanks Jay for your recommendation, what colour grout did you use?

:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi when you come to use the epoxy grout please do a thread on it, i would like to know how easy or hard it is to use ta ......Alby

Will do Alby.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

hi used vanilla prob called something else now also laticrete spectralock is good stuff:8:

N

NickSwann

hi used vanilla prob called something else now also laticrete spectralock is good stuff:8:

Thanks Jay, where can I buy laticrete products from? I googled them and couldnt find a UK distibutor?

ta

Nick

Reply to White Epoxy Grout for a Kitchen Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen