Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss When Installing Kerdi, do I need someone trained in it? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,

I'm having problems finding a tiler who knows how to use Kerdi board. I've had a few tilers respond to my adverts but it soon becomes clear that they don't know it ("after we put the board up, we then tank it").

Do I need someone who has done a Schluter course or has used Kerdi before or can I find any pro tiler and show him youtube videos of the install? Like how speciality is this? From the youtube videos it looks like it would be pretty easy - prime German efficiency - but most tilers look blankly at me when I say 'Kerdi'.

I'm based in NW London near Wembley if anyone know someone who can help. It's just for a 5m2 shower cubicle so one day for the board install and one day for the install of large, ceramic 300 x 600 tiles.

Thank you.

Reaction score
I've done both of the Schluter wetroom courses. There are other similar products out there that follow the same installation method so any tiler with experience of one of those other products should be able to fit Schluter.

Reply to When Installing Kerdi, do I need someone trained in it? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock