Discuss Wunda EPS 400 and 10MM 900x900 Porcelain...? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello friends.

I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind.

I have been a long time lurker on here, but as a DIY;er to tiles.

We are having an extension built, and we are at the heating and flooring stages, which brings me back here with some questions. I find myself fighting with bloody adverts!!! what an awful setup that is. ha.

I have done a search and i can find others have asked similar questions but with no decisive conclusion, only opinions.
Extension is made up of solid concrete subfloor to existing, solid concrete slab to extension BUT topped up with 2400x1200 cement boards on solid cement beds with fixings into the slab (Builders cocked up floor heights).

We are going to be heating with wet UFH Using the Wunda Floor EPS 400 overlay system.
Wunda tech clearly states that tiles can be laid direct to the boards with no need for a screed, latex or ditra mat.

Has anyone got any first-hand experience? - I am supplying the tiles and gear to the tiler but given the way my extension has gone with every single trade (Bar the sparks) my builder has got in have been atrocious, i just want to try to be one step ahead.
Builder says they have done a load of these installs and he knows what he is doing.... he is going to install to the Wunda manual... At the end of the day, if there are issues he will be obliged to correct them but i would rather not be going down that road and have it done right from the off.

area is 66M2

Reaction score
If you use Mapei Kerabond T with the Isolastic additive, which effectively makes the adhesive and S2 rather than an S1, you can bond tiles directly to the Wundatherm heating boards. Which we have done a couple of times and has been fine, although the 2 part adhesive isn’t nice to work with and stays green for at least 24hours so tiles cannot be walked for ages which is no good for a tiler wanting to get his floor finished!
My preferred method is 5mm of Renovation Screed over the Wundatherm, Ditra then usual S1 rapid set to bond the porcelain

Reply to Wunda EPS 400 and 10MM 900x900 Porcelain...? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks