Currently reading:
what is the best epoxy

Discuss what is the best epoxy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Ardex EG 8 has got to be worth a shout as well. [DLMURL="http://www.ardex.co.uk/ardex_eg8.asp"]ARDEX EG 8 from ARDEX UK[/DLMURL]

Seen a demo at Ardex and was well impressed no epoxy grout float or emulsifying pad used. They just washed off with normal grout float and sponge.

Any guys on here tried it?

Not yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kaharrison9

I have a wetroom and floor mosaic coming up that will be epoxy.

Last weekend on the recommedations of Spanish i bought the epoxy N C are now selling called Starlike. £33-2.5kg trade to give it a trial

As Gary mentioned earlier N C Have now bought the old Litokol epoxy starlike brand.

I fixed 2m2 of old mosaics up and applied to an area,washed off left for half an hour then reapplied,left for half an hour again and continued.

I could still apply the epoxy 1 1/2 hours later and still sponge over the first areas of epoxy without it getting bitty and pulling out.

As for washing off best to use an emusifying pad but i did try areas with just a sponge and it did easily come off.

I beleive there is also a product they sell in conjuction that takes any epoxy resin off as well.

Also there is a glitter that can be mixed with the epoxy as well.

An amazing product,very smooth finish and no sweat at all.

Interesting to see if they have a good colour for stone.

Kev

S

Spud

I have a wetroom and floor mosaic coming up that will be epoxy.

Last weekend on the recommedations of Spanish i bought the epoxy N C are now selling called Starlike. £33-2.5kg trade to give it a trial

As Gary mentioned earlier N C Have now bought the old Litokol epoxy starlike brand.

I fixed 2m2 of old mosaics up and applied to an area,washed off left for half an hour then reapplied,left for half an hour again and continued.

I could still apply the epoxy 1 1/2 hours later and still sponge over the first areas of epoxy without it getting bitty and pulling out.

As for washing off best to use an emusifying pad but i did try areas with just a sponge and it did easily come off.

I beleive there is also a product they sell in conjuction that takes any epoxy resin off as well.

Also there is a glitter that can be mixed with the epoxy as well.

An amazing product,very smooth finish and no sweat at all.

Interesting to see if they have a good colour for stone.

Kev
I used a lot of the litokol Kev and it is a great grout the litonet gel gets any haze off only thing i dont like is the whites are not brilliant white and every method i have used with litokol has always needed a return visit the following day for a final clean to remove the haze

K

KerakollJohn

Hi All i thought it was about time we had a few genuine facts about Kerakoll and our product range. As far as business ethics go i actually ensure i meet every one of my fixers personally (Does any other manufacturer??) they get regular coffee and bacon butties along with full product back up and support 24 hours a day 7 days a week.... One of my customers actually got hold of me half way up snowden so as far as business ethics go id say were way ahead of the ''Marketing companies'' out there....

From what i know there was a problem many years ago (Obviously Mapei have never had any problems) and the usual suspects like to keep hold of this issue for many years... i happen to know of many issues that competitors have but as we are fully confident in our products performance don't feel the need to broadcast these issues. If your products are good enough you should'nt need to put your competition down in order to promote them.

As far as quality goes and performance id be happy to go head to head in front of as many fixers as would like to attend with our products... Fugalite will out perform ANY epoxy (If your unsure lets test it) H40 Tenaflex has the best grab of any adhesive on the market (Again if your in doubt lets test it) H40 Ideal fixing to Anhydrite will again out perform all competitors products (If your unsure lets test it) I'm sure no tests will ever take place as its easy to talk and market how good your products perform but putting it to the test in front of fixers is a different story.

i see on here theres lots of put downs regarding an issue Dave had many years ago... I cant comment on this but really do think its time people moved on to what Kerakoll have become. Apologies to Dave as no company wants any issues regardless of size. If you speak with any of our customers they will tell you they get A1 service back up support and a very personal touch. The team has grown over the last 5 years and as you will see the products are speaking for themselves now, regardless of lame attempts to put the company down.

As I say if in doubt lets put them to the test.... ''
Fear has its use but cowardice has none.''

Cheers John

S

Spud

John when you say out perform what do you mean ? As a fixer I get fed up with all the hype from the adhesive companies, I have used tenaflex on a swimming pool job and really liked it but found it skinned over very quickly and the water was sucked from it very quickly on sand and cement render and I would recommend using primer with it to slow down the suction issue as regarding outperforming mosaic fix or pci nanolight or mapei p10 it doesnt it is in the same class all have good and bad points ,how does your epoxy better the competitors as most of the modern epoxies are again made in the same way and use similar technology and i was under the impression that litokol were the largest manufacturer of epoxy grouts in italy and manufactured some products under liscense for other brands ,for me again this is just my opinion adhesive manufacturers use smoke and mirrors and large marketing budgets to convince tilers that their products differ in some fantastic way from their competitors when in fact they are very similar this is not a dig at kerakol ,I like your products but just an observation from and end user ,I would be much happier if it came in a brown paper bag and you keep the price down .

D

DHTiling

Lame attempts to put down the company..?.. it was the very poor back up service from Bill that was to blame and i have still not had an answer... kerakoll this and kerkoll that is all i hear but your customer support is poor, very poor.. back up service 24hrs a day 7 days a week... don't make me laff... your company left me in the lurch and made to look a fool in front of my customer just because i believed the kerakoll hype and tried the product out on a very expensive marble floor..

I managed to salvage it but no thanks to kerakoll... or their staff..

Reply to what is the best epoxy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.