Search the forum,

Discuss What do topps tiles need to do to fix their bad reputation? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
It's well known amongst everyone here that Topps don't have the greatest reputation on here?

if you were running the show...what would you change or implement?

W

White Room

I go into my local one about once a fortnight and every time the staff have changed, so why are they losing there employees at such a rate of knots....theres a problem there somewhere and I thought they had trained staff.

B

Bubblecraft

I don't have a problem with Topps & they are my main supplier. Use 3 shops that are local to me & staff are really good.

As a company though, they really should be looking at trying to keep their trade clientele. Better price matching, larger variety of adhesives & grouts though I don't have a problem with Bal.

B

Bubblecraft

The staff shifting thing is a massive problem. They move a lot of staff up my way.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My only gripe is their pricing.

Reduce material prices for both trade and non trade.
Give the same discounts to everyone in the trade.
Tiles are pricey too - last time I set foot in one of their stores was to price up 40m2 of 60x60 Roma tiles.
Customer was shocked at price (not as shocked as me), drove her 2 mile to TG and got same tiles for £200 less.
Stock a greater range of materials (not easy because of the relationship with BAL I suppose)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Topps & they are my main supplier. Use 3 shops that are local to me & staff are really good.

As a company though, they really should be looking at trying to keep their trade clientele. Better price matching, larger variety of adhesives & grouts though I don't have a problem with Bal.

I completely agree.

I use Topps quite regularly. They help me a lot getting work and in turn i offer advice, and buy product if they can at match competitors. There's a great bunch of lads at both the Peterborough branches.

However, i've said it to the guys. I have no idea why they opened a second store in Peterborough. I would have suggested they turn one into trade counter and store and have the other as a showroom with a better display setup. Some suite in a cubicle etc. It's a bit discount warehouse currently. Better trade discount is a must. If they look after the trade their sales will increase, guarenteed. But currently it's not that competitve.

Apparently they're trialling a new setup in the Milton Keynes store. Kitted out with proper displays etc. Haven't been near enough their recently to have a look though.

B

bugs183

On the whole I find the attitude of the very poor, except for the guys in the Kings Heath Birmingham Branch, they were really good.
You have to beg to get a half sensible price out of them, then you get a lecture from someone thats never fixed a tile in their lives about, they show no care for people with any experience.
I avoid the place as much as in physically possible!

kevin67

TF
Reaction score
im in the glasgow area and they shuffle their staff about quite alot, but i use them as my main supplier and dont have a problem with them. they usually have everything i need in stock and they also give my cards out, so i dont have any problems with topps

B

Bubblecraft

im in the glasgow area and they shuffle their staff about quite alot, but i use them as my main supplier and dont have a problem with them. they usually have everything i need in stock and they also give my cards out, so i dont have any problems with topps

Glasgow (GWR), Hillington or Govan branches?

Reply to What do topps tiles need to do to fix their bad reputation? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen