Search the forum,

Discuss What do topps tiles need to do to fix their bad reputation? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
My only gripe is their pricing.

Reduce material prices for both trade and non trade.
Give the same discounts to everyone in the trade.
Tiles are pricey too - last time I set foot in one of their stores was to price up 40m2 of 60x60 Roma tiles.
Customer was shocked at price (not as shocked as me), drove her 2 mile to TG and got same tiles for £200 less.
Stock a greater range of materials (not easy because of the relationship with BAL I suppose)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I don't have a problem with Topps & they are my main supplier. Use 3 shops that are local to me & staff are really good.

As a company though, they really should be looking at trying to keep their trade clientele. Better price matching, larger variety of adhesives & grouts though I don't have a problem with Bal.

I completely agree.

I use Topps quite regularly. They help me a lot getting work and in turn i offer advice, and buy product if they can at match competitors. There's a great bunch of lads at both the Peterborough branches.

However, i've said it to the guys. I have no idea why they opened a second store in Peterborough. I would have suggested they turn one into trade counter and store and have the other as a showroom with a better display setup. Some suite in a cubicle etc. It's a bit discount warehouse currently. Better trade discount is a must. If they look after the trade their sales will increase, guarenteed. But currently it's not that competitve.

Apparently they're trialling a new setup in the Milton Keynes store. Kitted out with proper displays etc. Haven't been near enough their recently to have a look though.

Reply to What do topps tiles need to do to fix their bad reputation? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen