Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Unlevel room surveying. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I thought I would try this method (pictured)
Using my laser off the highest point to measure how out of level the room is.
If I minus the height of laser level off the end measurement off the wall (52mm)
Would this work?
8uvybyha.jpg

Last edited:

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
just sit the laser on the worktop , then move around the floor with a piece of doorstop and a pencil to find the highest spot to start with . Then just set up your packers for the corners of the bays from that point. Personally once I've got the height I then put the mark on a smaller piece of doorstop ( about foot long )and sit on my backside setting up the packers with the laser just above the floor.

Diggy

T

TJ Smiler

You'd be better off doing it how Diggy says, i tape a couple of screws about an inch long to the bottom of my spirit level or batton when trying to find the high spot, that way when you have poured some of your leveller out and your dipping your spirit level/batton into it to check your mark it don't get covered in muck and don't drip everywhere either. Probably absolutely no need to do this what-so-ever :lol: but it's just how i have always done it.

But in answer to your question, if your line is 52mm of the floor and you deduct this off your end measurement off the wall then yes i think that would work............Never done it that way but i can't see why it wouldn't work mate

C

charlie1

Your idea is good high peak, map out the floor using your laser, it's best to keep laser as close to floor as possible I find, reason being, if you set your datum to high, the measurement becomes less accurate due to the length of your staff if it's slightly off plumb in any direction.

why are you checking though? Do you intend to level off the floor?

Reply to Unlevel room surveying. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks