Search the forum,

Discuss Unlevel room surveying. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
I thought I would try this method (pictured)
Using my laser off the highest point to measure how out of level the room is.
If I minus the height of laser level off the end measurement off the wall (52mm)
Would this work?
8uvybyha.jpg

Last edited:

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
just sit the laser on the worktop , then move around the floor with a piece of doorstop and a pencil to find the highest spot to start with . Then just set up your packers for the corners of the bays from that point. Personally once I've got the height I then put the mark on a smaller piece of doorstop ( about foot long )and sit on my backside setting up the packers with the laser just above the floor.

Diggy

T

TJ Smiler

You'd be better off doing it how Diggy says, i tape a couple of screws about an inch long to the bottom of my spirit level or batton when trying to find the high spot, that way when you have poured some of your leveller out and your dipping your spirit level/batton into it to check your mark it don't get covered in muck and don't drip everywhere either. Probably absolutely no need to do this what-so-ever :lol: but it's just how i have always done it.

But in answer to your question, if your line is 52mm of the floor and you deduct this off your end measurement off the wall then yes i think that would work............Never done it that way but i can't see why it wouldn't work mate

C

charlie1

Your idea is good high peak, map out the floor using your laser, it's best to keep laser as close to floor as possible I find, reason being, if you set your datum to high, the measurement becomes less accurate due to the length of your staff if it's slightly off plumb in any direction.

why are you checking though? Do you intend to level off the floor?

Reply to Unlevel room surveying. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen