Search the forum,

Discuss Trade Only Thread: Poor Workmanship done by DIY'er or Rogue trader in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

I have never seen this before. Been sent this. Failed after being tiled onto a cement screed, overlaid with some form of bubble-wrap in a shop entrance.... He said you can still pop some of it.

bubble wrap substrate.png

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
I have never seen this before. Been sent this. Failed after being tiled onto a cement screed, overlaid with some form of bubble-wrap in a shop entrance.... He said you can still pop some of it.

View attachment 83643

Thats the old version of Dural Durabase , the one they had problems with delamination from the fleece backing .. Hence why floors have failed .

T

Tile Shop

Thats the old version of Dural Durabase , the one they had problems with delamination from the fleece backing .. Hence why floors have failed .

Don't know why he's telling me its popping then. He said it was only fitted 9 months ago. The old dural shoulda been long out of circulation by then surely? There has been 2 upgrades since then.

J

Joseph Kover

Checked the wet floor problem, client step on tile, water comes up from every grout line. Stinks like rotten fish. 4years old built. Tiles are quartz tiles B&q style worktop stuff. Will rip the entire floor off, gas mask must

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know why he's telling me its popping then. He said it was only fitted 9 months ago. The old dural shoulda been long out of circulation by then surely? There has been 2 upgrades since then.
Sounds like Dural need to come see it whatever the weather eh?

Reply to Trade Only Thread: Poor Workmanship done by DIY'er or Rogue trader in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen