Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Trade Only Thread: Poor Workmanship done by DIY'er or Rogue trader in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
image.jpg

Here is a job I got called out to the other day to price, they want me to rip two tiles out and replace and grout in because the two tiles don't match...!
BUT!! The customer was in for a shock, the shower (bath tap end) wall has 1 shade of white and the bath length wall has a complete different shade of whitey blue! !
the 2 tiles they wanted replacing were the shade of the opposite walls!!

After explaining batch no.'s in brief etc i showed the how bad the tiling had been done!
The company that had done this 'was a reputable company'

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I blue "bumpy white" after fixing usually suggests to me moisture behind the tile. Maybe they were once white?

T

Tile Shop

I have never seen this before. Been sent this. Failed after being tiled onto a cement screed, overlaid with some form of bubble-wrap in a shop entrance.... He said you can still pop some of it.

bubble wrap substrate.png

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have never seen this before. Been sent this. Failed after being tiled onto a cement screed, overlaid with some form of bubble-wrap in a shop entrance.... He said you can still pop some of it.

View attachment 83643

Thats the old version of Dural Durabase , the one they had problems with delamination from the fleece backing .. Hence why floors have failed .

Reply to Trade Only Thread: Poor Workmanship done by DIY'er or Rogue trader in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks