Search the forum,

Discuss Trade Only Thread: Poor Workmanship done by DIY'er or Rogue trader in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

I have never seen this before. Been sent this. Failed after being tiled onto a cement screed, overlaid with some form of bubble-wrap in a shop entrance.... He said you can still pop some of it.

bubble wrap substrate.png

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
I have never seen this before. Been sent this. Failed after being tiled onto a cement screed, overlaid with some form of bubble-wrap in a shop entrance.... He said you can still pop some of it.

View attachment 83643

Thats the old version of Dural Durabase , the one they had problems with delamination from the fleece backing .. Hence why floors have failed .

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Don't know why he's telling me its popping then. He said it was only fitted 9 months ago. The old dural shoulda been long out of circulation by then surely? There has been 2 upgrades since then.

Still doesnt mean the fixer didnt use an older version he had laying about ?

Reply to Trade Only Thread: Poor Workmanship done by DIY'er or Rogue trader in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen