Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Topps tile ufh and hardiebacker in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

G

GoneGuy

Please checkout the following advertisement.
on a job at the moment and having a conversation with guy I’m subbing to about order of fixing.
Weyrock boarded floor.
They want to go
6mm insulation
Warmup mat ufh
Slc
Dural decouple
Tile.

They also have hardiebacker boards on site
What would you guys recommend

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If they're having a decoupling membrane in the system then I'd recommend to go with a decoupling heating option like our HeatBase, that way you could have a thicker backerboard giving a better subfloor to work with.

12mm Backerboard
HeatBase Decoupling
Tile

OP
G

GoneGuy

If they're having a decoupling membrane in the system then I'd recommend to go with a decoupling heating option like our HeatBase, that way you could have a thicker backerboard giving a better subfloor to work with.

12mm Backerboard
HeatBase Decoupling
Tile
Unfortunately they already got all the materials from topps tiles and I’m scheduled to start tile Wednesday.
Also tiles are bct ceramic for the floor :(

OP
H

hmtiling

I was going to suggest, presuming they were porc, that durabase would not be needed as the thermal boards have decoupling properties. I'd still go decoupler with stone and ceramic though.

OP
F

Flintstone

I wouldn’t fix ceramic tiles over ufh, especially British ceramic tile. The layers you have said sound ok if that’s what they have on site.

OP
G

GoneGuy

I’ve tried reasoning with the interior designer and he’s adamant that is what’s being used, he was even sending me screenshots of bct website saying it’s ok to use with ufh with de coupler.
The job is a good client of his as well.
All the materials been supplied by topps o_O.

OP
D

Dumbo

on a job at the moment and having a conversation with guy I’m subbing to about order of fixing.
Weyrock boarded floor.
They want to go
6mm insulation
Warmup mat ufh
Slc
Dural decouple
Tile.

They also have hardiebacker boards on site
What would you guys recommend
I'm not sure that 6mm insulation board is considered strong enough to overboard a chipboard floor .

OP
O

One Day

Got to agree with you Tom.
I wouldn't do it either.
Why even do it with the customer's blessing, knowing that it will fail?
Pointless exercise in my opinion.
I have yet to see a BCT ceramic tile which I would be happy to install on any suspended floor.

Didn't British used to mean "quality" products?
They should remove the B part of the name as it's an embarrassment.

OP
G

GoneGuy

Oh do it is ok when some other p.o. suggests that bct tiles are poor but if I do it then it is nonsense.... well go ahead and take my highly fantastical advice with a pinch of salt.
This is what he sent me and he said he’s speaking to the rep on Monday.

757F9054-6F1C-41C1-A426-2CF06101363E.jpeg 0792B566-2CC0-4FFE-BA0F-E79A7F4BE9B5.jpeg

Reply to Topps tile ufh and hardiebacker in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock