TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Topps tile ufh and hardiebacker in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training

Adey1980

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
8,780 19
on a job at the moment and having a conversation with guy I’m subbing to about order of fixing.
Weyrock boarded floor.
They want to go
6mm insulation
Warmup mat ufh
Slc
Dural decouple
Tile.

They also have hardiebacker boards on site
What would you guys recommend

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reactions
146 1
If they're having a decoupling membrane in the system then I'd recommend to go with a decoupling heating option like our HeatBase, that way you could have a thicker backerboard giving a better subfloor to work with.

12mm Backerboard
HeatBase Decoupling
Tile

Adey1980

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
8,780 19
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If they're having a decoupling membrane in the system then I'd recommend to go with a decoupling heating option like our HeatBase, that way you could have a thicker backerboard giving a better subfloor to work with.

12mm Backerboard
HeatBase Decoupling
Tile
Unfortunately they already got all the materials from topps tiles and I’m scheduled to start Tiling Wednesday.
Also tiles are bct ceramic for the floor :(

B

Bill

Unfortunately they already got all the materials from topps tiles and I’m scheduled to start Tiling Wednesday.
Also tiles are bct ceramic for the floor :(
I will not fix BCT and UFH together, the two do not mix.

hmtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,824 33
I was going to suggest, presuming they were porc, that durabase would not be needed as the thermal boards have decoupling properties. I'd still go decoupler with stone and ceramic though.

F

Flintstone

I wouldn’t fix ceramic tiles over ufh, especially British ceramic tile. The layers you have said sound ok if that’s what they have on site.

Adey1980

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
8,780 19
I’ve tried reasoning with the interior designer and he’s adamant that is what’s being used, he was even sending me screenshots of bct website saying it’s ok to use with ufh with de coupler.
The job is a good client of his as well.
All the materials been supplied by topps o_O.

D

Dumbo

on a job at the moment and having a conversation with guy I’m subbing to about order of fixing.
Weyrock boarded floor.
They want to go
6mm insulation
Warmup mat ufh
Slc
Dural decouple
Tile.

They also have hardiebacker boards on site
What would you guys recommend
I'm not sure that 6mm insulation board is considered strong enough to overboard a chipboard floor .

B

Bill

Ok thanks for that I’ll tell the client
Oh do it is ok when some other p.o. suggests that bct tiles are poor but if I do it then it is nonsense.... well go ahead and take my highly fantastical advice with a pinch of salt.

O

One Day

Got to agree with you Tom.
I wouldn't do it either.
Why even do it with the customer's blessing, knowing that it will fail?
Pointless exercise in my opinion.
I have yet to see a BCT ceramic tile which I would be happy to install on any suspended floor.

Didn't British used to mean "quality" products?
They should remove the B part of the name as it's an embarrassment.

Adey1980

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
8,780 19
Oh do it is ok when some other p.o. suggests that bct tiles are poor but if I do it then it is nonsense.... well go ahead and take my highly fantastical advice with a pinch of salt.
This is what he sent me and he said he’s speaking to the rep on Monday.

757F9054-6F1C-41C1-A426-2CF06101363E.jpeg 0792B566-2CC0-4FFE-BA0F-E79A7F4BE9B5.jpeg

Reply to Topps tile ufh and hardiebacker in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

New Threads (Sitewide)

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.