Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over DAMP plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Dehumidfier is the quickest route...make sure the windows in the room are shut or it will just pull moisture from outside..:thumbsup:

A

Aztectiler

Cheers guys.

I knew all along just wanted reassurance.

Thanks again :hurray: :thumbsup::hurray: :thumbsup::hurray::thumbsup: :hurray:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Couple of red rads and dehumidifier.

M

mags

Don't try and use direct heat on it, it will crack let it dry naturally dehumidifier as said and heating on at room temp. Should only take a day or two :thumbsup:. Tell the plumber to cap off his pipes with chewing gum :thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If you want to speed up the drying process, use a fan as well as the de-humidifier. Point the fan at the wall, so it encourages/forces the moisture out of the plaster. ;)

W

White Room

the reason being is two wet surfaces will form moisture between the addy and plaster and when set may be teflon ( non stick )

turnip

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We used to use Nicobond green ready mixed buckets over "green" plaster, used to stick like the proverbial, dont know if they still make it, was a few years back, all rush rush council refurbs. no problems in the 18+ months we were on the job. but back to the job in question you'd just wait a few days longer to tile surely.

Reply to Tiling over DAMP plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen