Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on painted plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DIYPeteski

Morning all. Just a quick update for you. It turns out the paint was a tin of Dulux high gloss base and mixer so I tried the gaffer tape on the wall... not too much came off with that check so I left the steamer running for 20 minutes. Woohoo! the paint turned rubbery and started coming off really easily.. I was so relieved and my job tonight is to get the entire room stripped now.

The walls also seem to be pretty straight so hopefully no dry lining required.

Would it be an idea to give the walls a wash down with sugar soap or something similar before tiling?

W

waterfd

Used a steamer yesterday after spending some time scraping the walls this worked great, took less time than expected. Rock on the steamer. I now have to remove loose plaster to get a good surface on sand/cement render then prime with Primer G.

Reply to Tiling on painted plaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen