Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling course doubts in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all. I’m booked on a well known tile course next month but after speaking to a few of their students I’m debating cancelling. They’ve told me the course is pretty good but no floor tiles are laid. They only briefly talk you through it. Surely you need some hands on work to understand it properly. It’s put me off as it’s advertised as a wall and floor tile course. Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks.

T

Tiling course doubts

How long is the course?
Hi. It’s a two week course which I know isn’t long but I thought it would of been covered in a lot more detail. At least some hands on experience but I’m guessing it wouldn’t be cost effective for the guys that run the course to be supplying a load of floor tiles. Thanks.

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
most tile courses cover floor tile and its strange this one dont seem to.
dont think i would be happy with that, whos course are you doing?

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m booked on a well known tile course next month but after speaking to a few of their students I’m debating cancelling. They’ve told me the course is pretty good but no floor tiles are laid. They only briefly talk you through it. Surely you need some hands on work to understand it properly. It’s put me off as it’s advertised as a wall and floor tile course. Any thoughts appreciated
Thanks.
All short 2 week private courses in tile are bullshit. They will rape the cash from you and you'll end up with NOTHING. No skills whatsover to transfer into the real world.

Best to get yourself on a proper C&G Course for FREE and paid for by the Government at a local Building council-run place. If you are serious about it, then try and contact local builders/plumbers/tilers etc. as an apprentice. You'll be paid! Even big builders such as Persimmon and Barratt Homes might enrol you on a course at a proper college looking to gain NVQ's and site working permits. Don't let these tools on a useless tile course take you for a ride!

THE HELP IS OUT WAITING THERE FOR FREE!

Last edited:
N

NETT Darren

We at UK Pro tile training offer the most advanced tile course there is, far more that you could ever learn on a government funded course

As for the floors comment above, there is nothing we don't cover, anhydrite,moisture levels, latence removal, ettringite formation problems, correct primers, anhydrafix and calcium based levellers, then there is all the different decoupling mat installations right up to the latest floating flexbone 2 easy mat installations, movement joints, expansion and contraction tolerances in substrates and how to deal with them, then there is every cement board understanding and installations, British standard tolerances for levels, different trowel applications for solid bed achievement, levelling clips, then you have the tile practice to apply the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and cut and shape tiles. Everything we teach is related to the outside world of tile and not inside the training centre, yes you have to learn how to fix and shape tiles in our place but the background preparations are reinforced with a 15000 chapterised hand out of what to do in different situations when you get there.

We have trained 1000s of tilers over the last 15 years lots of them been tile for years after leaving our course and many still on this forum
I agree that there are some really poor training centres around who teach very little and you could waste your money however we are certainly not one of them.

Anthony

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Pro
Reaction score
Thanks.
5yr apprenticeship in my day. Now you get it in 2 weeks. 😂😂😂 them courses are cash cows for the
People owning them.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
After 40 years of being in this a trade I am still learning!!
A 2 week course May be good for the fundamentals…And I'm sure there are some good training places out there..,
But for me the only true way is an apprenticeship or the like .. and start with the broom /tea making and fetching first..
It’s a rewarding Trade..so Good luck with your future…
GW.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
If only everybody could go back to being 17 years old with no mortgages and just need their beer money for the week then long apprenticeships would be the best option, however most people that come to retrain with us are over 30 years old, been made redundant and need to earn some money so their only choice is learn the correct methods at a proven tile centre to make a start and then take it easy and build up your skills with straight forward jobs at first, we have been trading for over 15 years so we must be doing something right with hundreds of tilers still going strong years after leaving us

Reaction score
Thanks.
You should go to

Able Skills Construction Training​

tile courses ,
You need to laying floor tiles , great teacher, I'm doing 8 week course there and so far I dune 3 weeks and I did Victorian tile course there for 1 week and I was watching the people on the tile course and I. They was doing thing I never got told in college and I decided to do course there

Last edited:

Reply to Tiling course doubts in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock