Discuss Tile size 360x275x9 Ceramic - Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevhky

Hi

Firstly i can get good trade prices on Weber products so idealy its a weber product im after or unless someone on her can point me in the right direction so i can get trade on Mapei which seems to be most people favorite.

Tile size 360x275x9 Ceramic
Fixing to newly boarded walls and one concrete wall in a bathroom
id prefer to keep away from rapid set stuff as my speed at the start wont be the fastes, hopefully towards the end ill be like a rocket.

Im putting the tiles like a brick effect

Any reccomendations on adhesives and ease of laying tiles in this way

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Deffinitly a bagged adhesive, you don't have to go rapid with bagged, there are plenty of non rapid setting adhesives to choose from.

D

dagger

flat walls makes brickbond easier, if the tiles a ceramic and not porcelain then any webber powdered adhesive will do the job on NEW plasterboard..

good luck!

K

kevhky

flat walls makes brickbond easier, if the tiles a ceramic and not porcelain then any webber powdered adhesive will do the job on NEW plasterboard..

good luck!

Did i not say Ceramic errm i think i did

only jokin

Thanks

D

DHTiling

you may be surprised how many people think they are one in the same thing,
but clearly you are a person who likes sarcasm.....me too, so....

best wishes....

only joking!

:smilewinkgrin:..if you read the opening post you would have seen ceramic....:dizzy2:..was kev being sarcastic lee..?..maybe not...

Kev...What tile shops do you have to hand...?..

B

bluebob

i wouldn,t look further than a good qaulity tubbed addy on the boarded walls like biscem showerproof.maybe a cement based on the other wall .that sized tile aint falling off.when laying your brickbond use your level a lot more than usual,before laying so you know if your wall is perfectly flat or not.as u build up keep using the level so each row is perfectly flat.if its not flat take em off and bed out where needed otherwise when you put the next row on you will see lips where the tile crosses over the joint underneath it.hopefully your walls will be flat,if so,once you have a level base to work off keep thickness of addy the same and u will throw em on like a rocket:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

walls will need to be Ultra flat to use tubbed dispersion adhesive....3mm max bed with it...:thumbsup:

K

kevhky

Okay
I need a white grout suitable for the job Bathroom walls and floor, been looking on the mapei website but theres far too many

Can someone give me a clue as to which one to go for

ill be using 2 or 3 mm spaces

Regards

Kev

K

kevhky

Okey dokey that certainly does look like a good grout, i want a good one as ive seen some in some peoples houses where they look as if they have faded or changed colour or is this just down to hygiene.

Will i also need Primer G for the plaster walls and ply floor

Reply to Tile size 360x275x9 Ceramic - Adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I have recently laid around 30msq of porcelain floor tiles in our kitchen. The tiles have been...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley