Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2008 - Best Tile Adhesive For Walls And Floors? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

C

clanger

I've been using Palace gear (it's bagged up as Excel Bond at Tile Clearing House stores) and to be honest it's dirt cheap and does what it's supposed to do.

I don't understand why some traders would spend £25.99 on a BAL product when at a Tile Clearing House you can get the same stuff for £13.50!!

My local one in Orpington, Kent has just started selling a slow-set white powder adhesive for walls and floors, interior and exterior, for £12.99 a 20kg bag. Can anyone beat that??

W

White Room

Palace is the bulk of what I use but mapei when I can get my hands on it for walls. Soverign porcel flex grey for floors

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cornish_crofter

BAL and Profix, which is BAL anyway.

Closely followed by Weber and Travis Perkins own.

Reaction score
BAL= living in the stone age! mapei are the biggest manufacturers of building products in the world - get with it !

G

grumpygrouter

BAL for me mostly cos I couldn't get anything else until CTD opened recently!!!

B

billy

Granfix all day long - although supergrip is a bit hard on the back and wrist - moving on to palace or webber in the new year (super grip only)

Bal - over rated and def over priced

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2008 - Best Tile Adhesive For Walls And Floors? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen